Enjoy:

I got a bit hung up about the cover on this one, I was upcycling a leftover block from Stacey’s wedding quilt:

STA44387

and it just didn’t feel good enough for a cover…I have added some moreΒ  embellishment to Ganesh’s ears and a second row of sequins across the forehead… and it looks better, but while I was rummaging I’d found this:

STA44389-001STA44394

and thought, well, if I reverse the cover so Ganesh is the closing image and put a yin-yang using the machine embroidery then that could be a good back cover, the front would have the pocket and I could put a string of charms down the edge…

which felt better until I woke up and thought, no, I’ll do something completely different, I’ll use two leftover pieces from the 2009 exhibition that I really liked and was a bit surprised hadn’t sold because they were very cheap…

I’m not quite sure how peacocks link to meditation, but they make a glorious cover πŸ˜‰ ps, no peacocks harmed in the making of this, they shed their feathers at moulting season, like all birds πŸ˜‰

STA44400

I really like the inside front cover too:

STA44404and I was really pleased it all sewed up very fast and I don’t seem to have upset my arm, which is nicely on the mend.

I’m beginning to get the hang of the tripod, so I may make the slideshow of the maps book soon πŸ˜‰

promises, promises πŸ˜‰

Advertisements